Making the Decision
WIC strongly urges moms to breastfeed their babies unless there is a medical reason not to. But, it is not always the right fit for every mom. WIC is here to help soon-to-be moms make an informed choice about how to feed baby.
When you’re pregnant or a new mom, it helps to talk to other moms who know what you’re going through. That’s the reason behind our WIC Peer Helper program.
A WIC Peer Helper Offers:
- Personal breastfeeding success
- Tricks and tips to conquer barriers to breastfeeding
- Routine phone calls in the early days of breastfeeding
- Support when facing hurdles
- Advice based on current research and expert knowledge
Coshocton WIC’s Breastfeeding Peer Helper, Amanda Taylor, can be reached directly at 740-622-2139 or through the Coshocton WIC main line at 740-622-2929.
2020 Breastfeeding Class Schedule:
Thursdays @ 1:30 pm
24/7 Breastfeeding Support
A trained WIC breastfeeding team member is always a call or text away at 740-610-6200. Please note that this number is strictly for breastfeeding concerns only. For general WIC questions, please call 740-622-2929 during normal business hours.
Our Breastfeeding Team
- Cynthia Hilbish—Breastfeeding Coordinator, Certified Lactation Counselor
- Amanda Taylor—Breastfeeding Peer Helper
- Tonya Webster—Certified Lactation Counselor
- Adana McKay—Certified Lactation Counselor