Birth & Death Records
Wendy Wilson, Coshocton County Registrar
The Coshocton County Health Department maintains records for births and deaths which have occurred in our county, but outside of the Coshocton City limits . For records of births and deaths which have occurred at Coshocton Memorial Hospital or at other locations inside the Coshocton City limits, please contact the Coshocton City Health Department.
Notice: Effective July 1, 2003 in accordance with House Bill 95 uncertified copies will no longer be issued.
The birth and death records on file with the Coshocton County Health Department include:
• Birth Certificates – 1910 to the present
• Death Certificates – 1908 to the present
To help with your search for other records, we suggest the following:
Coshocton City Records – 740 622-1736 or www.cityofcoshocton.com
· Birth or death records prior to 1908 are located in the probate court of the county where the birth or death occurred. – Coshocton County Probate Court – 740 622-1837 – https://www.coshoctoncounty.net/agency/probate
· Death records from Dec. 20, 1908 through December 31, 1944 are at the Ohio Historical Society – www.ohiohistory.org
· Having Trouble Locating a birth or death record?
Are you having trouble locating a birth or death record in Ohio? If you are certain that the birth or death occurred in Ohio but you are unsure of the county, visit the Ohio Department of Health’s website for information on how to obtain a record.
Ohio Department of Health – Division of Vital Statistics –
Birth and Death Records
You may contact the Coshocton County Health Department for phone listings for Vital Statistics departments in other counties or states.
For Coshocton records-please mail or bring a completed Application with your check or money order for $22.00 per certified copy to:
Coshocton County Health Department
724 S. 7th St.
Coshocton, Oh 43812
Telephone: (740) 295-7302 or 295-7306
Fax: (740) 295-7576