Birth & Death Records
Birth certificates can be issued for any County in the State of Ohio. Death certificates are located in the County where the event occurred.
For Coshocton County records, present a completed application to our office with cash, check or money order or mail a completed application with payment to:
Coshocton Public Health District
637 Chestnut St.
Coshocton, Oh 43812
Certified* Copy of Birth = $25.00
Certified* Copy of Death = $25.00
If you are paying with CASH, PLEASE bring the correct amount as we are not able to make change.
3% charge on all credit card payments
Make checks payable: Coshocton Public Health District
*Effective July 1, 2003 in accordance with House Bill 95 uncertified copies will no longer be issued.
About Coshocton County Vital Records
The Coshocton Public Health District maintains records for births and deaths which have occurred in Coshocton County.
The birth and death records on file with the Coshocton Public Health District include:
• Birth Certificates – 1910 to the present
• Death Certificates – 1908 to the present
When searching for other records, we suggest the following:
- Birth or death records prior to 1908 are located in the probate court of the county where the birth or death occurred.
- Coshocton County Probate Court – 740-622-1837
- Death records from Dec. 20, 1908 through December 31, 1944 are at the
- Ohio Historical Society – 614-297-2300 or 800-686-6124
Trouble locating birth/death record in Ohio?
If certain that the birth or death occurred in Ohio, unsure of the county, visit the Ohio Department of Health’s website for information on how to obtain a record.
You may contact the Coshocton Public Health District for phone listings for Vital Statistics departments in other counties or states.
Telephone: 740-295-7302 – Jackie Buchanan, Coshocton County Deputy Registrar