Email questions to 

 To view forms: Forms & Links/Deeds & Conveyance

According to the Ohio Revised Code (Section 319.20), the Auditor is responsible for transferring ownership of all real property in the County and placing the new owners’ names and values on the appropriate tax duplicates. In conjunction with the County Engineer, the Auditor may establish standards for the transfer or conveyance of real property. Please review  the  Coshocton County’s Current Conveyance Standards for the requirements of all submittals.

A Routing Sheet Form has been created to assist in the process. The transfer fee is $.50 per parcel. The conveyance fee is $4.00 per $1000.  

There are two ways to file a deed, click here for the details: Ways to File A Deed

In order to transfer real estate, the deed or legal instrument must meet the following requirements:

  • The names of the Grantor(s) listed the same as title was taken when the property was acquired
  • Grantors’ marital status
  • A description of the property that has been stamped by the Coshocton County Engineer
  • Execution Date
  • Original Grantor signature(s), with names printed also
  • Notary signature, seal and Commission expiration date
  • Location of execution (State and County)
  • The preparer of the deed
  • Grantee’s tax mailing address
  • Parcel number
  • Prior Deed Reference – Coshocton County prior deed references are written as Volume, Page and Set of Books (designated as Official Record (OR) or Deed Record (DR))\
  • Accompanied by a fee or exempt* Conveyance form which has been completed, including a tax mailing address, date and signature. Please be sure to fill out the 2 ½%, Homestead, and C.A.U.V. information
  • Accompanied by a Statement of Conveyance of Homestead Property (DTE 101) or Statement of Conveyance of C.A.U.V. Property (DTE 102) Form, if taxes are affected by these programs.
  • Accompanied by required affidavits, if items (b), (g), (m), or (r) are marked on an Exempt Conveyance Form.
  • If there is a Manufactured Home involved in a transfer, the Manufactured Home has its own conveyance form separate from the real estate. The amount paid for the real estate should be reflected on the real estate conveyance form while the amount paid for the mobile home should be on the Manufactured Home Conveyance Form.

*Note: If including an exempt Conveyance form and items (b), (g), (m) or (r) are chosen, the Auditor’s Office requires
an affidavit of facts be included.

Other requirements may also be imposed by the Engineer’s Map Department, Regional Planning and the County Recorder’s Office. Please contact them for further information.