Transfer A Manufactured Home
• The taxes must be paid in full for the current year (and any delinquency) in the county where the manufactured home is located on January 1st. Taxes can be paid in the Treasurer’s Office and once paid they will stamp it paid on the front of the manufactured home title.
• Once taxes are paid the conveyance form needs to be completed and conveyance fees paid in the county where the manufactured home is located. The title is stamped with the conveyance stamp.
• The notarized title is then taken to the Clerk of Courts Title Office in the county where the buyer resides to obtain a new title.
• Manufactured home titles must be notarized by a notary public or deputy title clerk. It is recommended not to complete this step until you have a buyer for the home and will be able to accompany the buyer through the necessary steps to remove your name from the title. If a power of attorney, court document, or any other documentation other than a title is involved, please contact the Clerk of Courts or the Auditor’s office for additional information.
• Conveyance fee is $4.00 per thousand plus a $.50 transfer fee.
Moving a Manufactured Home:
• The taxes must be paid in full for the current year (and any delinquency) in the county where the manufactured home was located on January 1st.
• A Manufactured Home Moving Permit must be obtained from the county where the manufactured home is located. The permit is needed whether the manufactured home is being moved out of the county or within the county.
• Permit fee is $5.00. Failure to purchase a moving permit can result in a $100.00 penalty for the both the owner of the manufactured home and the mover.