To schedule an appointment, please call the Concealed Carry Office.
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and all Legal Holidays
Applications are accepted by APPOINTMENT
Emergency Applications do not need appointments.
The following is a checklist of items the applicant must have to apply for the permit:
- An appointment with the concealed carry office
- Must be a resident in Coshocton County or an adjacent county for 30 days
- Application filled out completely
- Color photo of applicant, passport size 2″x2″, taken within 30 days
- Valid identification, drivers license, state I.D. or passport
- Certificate of Competency or Prior Equivalent Documentation (The Sheriff’s Office does not provide any training)
- Fee payment in cash, cashier’s check or money order in the amount of $67.00
- If not a resident of Ohio for 5 years, an additional fee of $24.00 for a FBI Background Check
CCW RENEWAL PROCEDURES
ORC § 2923.125 (F) provides for the renewal of a CCW
Except as provided in division (F)(1)(b) of this section, a licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license by filing with the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides or with the sheriff of an adjacent county, or in the case of a applicant who resides in another state with the sheriff of the county that issued the applicant’s previous concealed handgun license an application for renewal of the license obtained pursuant to division (D) of this section, a certification by the applicant that, subsequent to the issuance of the license, the applicant has reread the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission pursuant to section 109.731 of the Revised Code that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters, and a nonrefundable license renewal fee in an amount determined pursuant to division (F)(4) of this section unless the fee is waived.
1. Completed new application, in ink only.
2. 50.00, 74.00 cash, cashier’s check or money order
3. Driver’s License.
To obtain FAQ information and licensing forms, please visit The Ohio Attorney General’s Office website by clicking here.