Effective August 2, 2018, the County Recycling drop-off location in the Village of West Lafayette will be located at 200 East Railroad Street next to the Streets and Water Department building. Recycling bins for mixed recycling and cardboard only will be available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year and the site is level, well-lit and has the benefit of cameras to deter illegal dumping. Illegal dumping is considered recyclables not placed into recycling bins or items that are not recyclable through the County Recycling and Litter Prevention program such as mattresses or televisions.
Acceptable recycling items include:
- Newspaper – In the bins marked “newspaper” we accept newspaper, office paper, magazines, catalogues and brown paper bags.
- Cardboard – Cardboard and paperboard products (12-pack containers, cereal boxes, etc.). Please flatten all cardboard boxes and place them in the “cardboard only” bin.
- Steel cans – Please rinse all containers. It is not necessary to remove the labels.
- Aluminum cans – Please rinse containers.
- Plastic bottles #1-#7 – no plastic bags, no Styrofoam. Please rinse.
- We do not accept any type of glass.