Pick up for orders of tree seedlings, wildflower seeds, Plantskydd, or marking flags will be Friday, April 21th from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 724 S. 7th Street, Coshocton OH 43812.There will not be additional trees available at pick up, so be sure to order what you want.
Please pick up your items at the loading dock on the south side of the County Services Building along Kenilworth Avenue, and there will be a sign along the street. The seedlings do not take up much space (a pack of 100 is generally a little wider than a 5 gallon bucket), but it is advisable to bring a container to keep the seedlings upright in transit.
Marking Flags will be available for purchase at pick up; flags help with the visibility of the seedlings while they are small. The pink or white flags are 2.5” x 3.5” on a 30” wire and come in packs of 25 ($5.57), 50 ($6.50), and 100 ($11.14). Plantskydd Wildife Repellent ($18.56) will also be available. All items are subject to sales tax unless an exemption form is provided. Tree Planting Bars are available for loan; a $40 cash deposit is required and will be refunded if the bar is returned within 14 days.
If you have any questions please contact the office at (740)622-8087, ext. 4 or email@example.com.
Planting Tips For Bare Root Seedlings…
- Never let roots dry completely or leave seedlings immersed in water for long periods as they will These are the most common causes of seedling death.
- Make your planting hole deep enough to accommodate the It is better to prune the roots with scissors than to wad or curl the roots to make them fit in your planting hole. Plant so that the roots are free, not cramped. Trim any broken roots, but do not trim the tap root.
- Plant the seedling at same depth as it was in the Ground level should be where the roots stop and the stem begins.
- Water Use only water soluble fertilizer with root stimulating ingredients.
- Mulch, mulch, mulch! Dried grass clippings, ground up leaves or commercially available organic mulches will suppress weeds and hold in
- Water seedlings during dry periods for the first two years.