Snow Emergency Information
Snow Emergency Levels
Section 311.07 of the Ohio Revised Code authorized the Sheriff to restrict or close normal vehicular travel, excluding emergency and public safety vehicles, on the County and Township roads of Coshocton County, Ohio, during times of extreme weather or other emergency situation, so as not to interfere with those work vehicles and crews authorized to combat the emergency and promote public safety.
For a better understanding of the meaning of restricted normal vehicular travel, and emergency road closings, the following guidelines are set by the Sheriff of Coshocton County;
- Roadways are snow covered
- Drive very cautiously
- Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow
- Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways
- Contact your employer to see if you should report to work
- Roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel
- No one should be out during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel.
- All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work.
- Those traveling on the roadways may subject themselves to arrest.
There will be no enforcement with Level 1 or 2, UNLESS that particular situation creates a condition that is unsafe to that vehicle or public travel upon that roadway.
There will be enforcement action taken for unnecessary vehicular travel for those found driving under a Level 3 warning, if that driving creates a safety concern or causes a risk of physical harm to authorized users of the roadway, or impedes the movement of those public safety vehicles needing to be on the roadway to combat the emergency weather conditions or to promote public safety.