Donations & Volunteers
Ways to help
We provide services to thousands of animals and people each year, we could not do this without the incredible support we receive from donors like you! We contract with Coshocton County to operate the dog pound in addition to our humane society, HATA, operating the cat shelter and all related programs.
Our shelter is always in need of cleaning items such as detergents, bleach, paper towels, disinfectant wipes/sprays, spray cleaners, floor cleaners, fabric softeners, dryer sheets, and brooms. Gas cards for transporting always in need as we transport dogs *weekly* via our rescue/transfer prorgam. We also appreciate cat and dog chows, puppy & kitten chows, washable toys, and treats. The wishlist below includes many items always appreciated: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/399Z1GWQNIVUA
Monetary assistance is also deeply appreciated. Your charitable donation to our 501c3 non-profit organization helps us provide:
- Care for in shelter animals (strays, surrenders, cruelty & neglect seizures)
- Spay & neuter assistance programs (community & in shelter, full or partial, veterinary visits, and clinic expenses) We assist hundreds of animals with this program!
- Sponsoring a shelter pet for rescue/transfer
- Assisting with transportation of animals to rescues & transfer partners (gasoline expenses & shelter car maintenance)
- Emergency veterinary care (in shelter animals & community animals care by case)
- Medical Expenses (veterinary care, in shelter animals vaccinations, medical related treatments)
- Shelter day to day needs & supplies (cleaning, feeding, recreation)
- Help Me Home (county dog kennel) redemption fee assistance & HATA payment plans
- Pet Food Bank
Gently used blankets and newspapers can be left at our shelter location after hours by placing bagged items by our main office door. All other items can be donated during regular office hours. Large community & team donations are welcome to contact the staff for special arrangement options.
Volunteers are welcome! Please contact the shelter for scheduling and to complete an application. Volunteer applications available via our main office. Please note we are not affiliated in any way, nor do we receive support from, the recently formed “Coshocton County Humane Society”.
In office donations welcome, open 10-3pm M-F.
Coshocton Co. Animal Shelter & HATA 21755 TR 164, Morgan Run Road, Coshocton, OH 43812
Checks can be made payable to HATA (Humane Animal Treatment Association)
Request a receipt at time of donation (501c3 charitable donations for tax purposes)