The annual “Great American Cleanup” is scheduled for March 20! This project is the country’s largest community improvement project with more than 20,000 communities participating each year. As part of the Keep American Beautiful organization (KAB.org), this national program engages over five million volunteers to take action in their communities each year to “be the change” and make a lasting impact.
Keep America Beautiful and Coshocton County Recycling and Litter Prevention is encouraging everyone to host your own #cleanYOURblock event on your own street. Gather some friends, family or the group you belong to and take a little time on March 20 to pick up litter, spruce up some landscape or revitalize a local park!
Some tips on hosting your own #cleanYOURblock party:
• Decide on a date and time. Although the Great American Cleanup official date is March 20; every day is a good day to clean up your world.
• Visit the area to be cleaned. Make sure you have permission to clean the area. Take some “before” photos.
• Get the word out. Tell your friends, family and Facebook about your plans to clean up.
• Consider providing trash bags, bottled water and gloves to volunteers.
• Snap some “during” and “after” photos and share them. Record your results, i.e. how many pounds of trash were collected. Feel free to post pictures and results on the Coshocton County Recycling & Litter Prevention Facebook page using the tag #cleanYOURblock. You can also join the conversation and follow #cleanYOURblock on Twitter and Instagram.
• Take it a step further and separate recyclables from trash. Deposit recyclables in any of our 12 drop-off sites around the county. For locations, visit www.coshoctoncounty.net/recycle/where-to-recycle